Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Carving & Halloween

Nathan wouldn't touch the inside of the pumpkins with his hands, he thought it was too yucky so he would only use a spoon to scoop everything out.  So because of that it took him a long time to clean out his pumpkin. 


Here's all our pumpkins.




And this is what he dressed up as this year, Elmo.  He really liked his costume, he doesn't actually watch Sesame Street but he has a tickle me Elmo.

I was able to go around with them for a few houses so that I could get some pics but then I had to get back to our house to hand out candy so TJ & Nathan continued on through the neighbourhood.  They checked back in to drop off what he got in the first 40 minutes but Nathan wasn't ready to stop so they went back out for another 3o minutes & got a bunch more.  He lasted a lot longer than both TJ & I had expected.  Once he figured out what this was all about he was on a mission.  TJ said he would yell Trick or Treat while he was on the people's driveway & would then say it again once he was at the door.  He always had to be reminded to say thank-you though.  Funny how he remembered what to say to get the candy but not what to say after. :)




Going through his pile checking everything out.


Then it was Daddy's turn to go through everything.





4 comments:

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

he looks so happy and proud of his Elmo costume :) looks like he had a blast...

Cherylinn said...

FG was just talking about getting tears in her eyes thinking about a movie she needs to watch again. While here I am reading your blog and my eyes welled up and tears ran down my cheeks thinking of when our guys were little.

Jenn said...

Great pictures Pam - love the pumpkins you guys did, they look great!! You can tell that Nathan had fun too - nice score on all the candy...maybe he has a Reese's Cup for his Auntie Jenn??
xo

Megan, Kellon and Mekhi said...

I LOVE that costume!